Personal Injury Lawyer
Committed To Your Maximum Compensation
If someone’s negligence or recklessness caused harm to you or a loved one, you have a right to be compensated for your losses. But whenever insurance companies are involved, it becomes difficult to secure full compensation.
You need an experienced personal injury attorney to hold the negligent party and the insurers accountable. You can count on me, James E. Smith II, to help you get the medical care and monetary settlement you deserve. Since 1991, I have represented the injured in Mineral County and neighboring areas of West Virginia and Maryland.
Serious Representation For Serious Injuries
I have recovered damages for clients in a broad range of injury cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, including injuries to bicyclists, pedestrians and passengers
- Medical malpractice — Preventable harm from surgical mistakes, diagnosis errors, birth injury, medication errors and other negligence of medical providers
- Premises liability — Slip-and-fall or other serious injury caused by construction defects, security lapses or safety hazards created or ignored by property owners
- Workplace accidents — Personal injury lawsuits against third parties (other than the employer), such as property owners, subcontractors or manufacturers
- Dog bites — Wounds, scarring or trauma inflicted by a dog, including attacks by the pet of a relative, friend or neighbor
- Wrongful death — Fatality from medical mistakes, auto accidents or other negligence
In any personal injury claim, we must establish liability (fault or responsibility) and damages (medical care, lost wages, lasting disability, pain and suffering). I draw on 31 years of experience in civil litigation to investigate accidents and prepare for negotiations or trial. My background as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) also helps me calculate losses and appropriate compensation. This is especially critical when permanent or catastrophic injuries require ongoing care or reduce your earning capacity.
Find Out How I Can Help
Before you sign anything or give a statement, contact me for a consultation. I will take aggressive steps to preserve and pursue your claims. I am a solo lawyer, so you will work directly with me from day one.
I am a Keyser personal injury attorney who takes cases in Mineral County, Grant County, Allegany County, Garrett County and beyond. For a consultation, call 304-209-6204 or 877-405-9337 or email me.